Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Speaking of Upsets....

How does a guy who lives in Minneapolis (Hockey country) continue to lead in the West Family Bracket Challenge?  I am now pulling big time for Western KY. Go Hilltoppers! After high school, I almost went to Western KY University in Bowling Green but I thought it was too close to my home in Paducah. My biggest reason for picking UK was so I could see UK play basketball.  How's that for making good solid plans for my future? I actually seriously thought about the Air Force Academy and following in my brother's footsteps until I blew my knee out playing football. It was a great experience watching KY play basketball live in Memorial Coliseum and then Rupp Arena when it opened. I would wait for hours  on the student ticket distribution the Sunday before the games the next week and was almost never more than 5 rows from the floor. 

1 comment:

Brodad Unkabuddy said...

Hey, you do know we have basketball teams here in the tundra, don't you? Teams like the Timberwolves, and Tubby's Team. Unfortunately, they're worthless and nobody's interested in them. Of course the Wild and the UM hockey teams are first in their respective divisions. And if the Gopher hockey team doesn't make the Final Four (Frozen Five) of the NCAA tournament, then there's talk about lynching the coach. Sound familiar?