Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Golfer Steals The Show


KY's 41-3 victory over Western KY was fun. I saw many Western fans wearing a blue UK hat and a red Western t-shirt. Western is like the little brother to UK so many of the Western fans have been rooting for UK since they were kids. Last night presented a dilemma for them. KY goes to 4-0 on the season and will play Alabama next week on national TV at 3:30 on CBS. Western lost earlier this season to Alabama 41-7. Western's coach says we'll be able to match up with Alabama. I'm not so sure. From what I've seen of Alabama this season, I would say they could beat the Cincinnati Bengals pretty handily. This was a good college football weekend. Louisville & Florida both lost while KY won big. What was really fun last night was when Ryder Cup champion, J.B. Holmes was introduced to the crowd. The crowd went wild and began chanting USA-USA-USA. He reminds me of a sober John Daily; just a good ole boy who can knock the cover off a golf ball. He even got a bigger ovation than when Rajon Rondo was introduced.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it will be a happy college football weekend when Kentucky comes to the swamp. I think that when the Wildcats begin conference play, they'll be praying for a speedy arrival to basketball season.

Mike West said...

Not a good weekend for Gator fans to be taunting anyone.

Anonymous said...

It's not a good thing to taunt Florida, by relishing in their loss, before you have to play them. :)

EJ Chang said...

I was actually rooting for UF to win because I want to see the East beat the West.

But then again, a Florida loss still brings a smile to my face.