Sunday, February 17, 2008

New Orleans Gives Me The Creeps


I have been there twice. Once when I was a deck-hand working on a Mississippi towboat and we hung out in the shipyard area and the other time doing the the typical tourist stuff with a group from WVLK. Both times the city just gave me the creeps. I don't know how better to explain it. It's as if there's an evil cloud over the place. Watching the NBA All-Star game pre-game show reminded me how I feel about the city. I just think it's a very strange place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree.

twest said...

Care & I made a special diversion on a trip one time to visit New Orleans expecting it to be like Charleston & Savannah. Creepy's not the word - more like disgusting. Everywhere smelled like urine, there was crap everywhere (maybe literally). And it wasn't even Mardi Gras. We were going to eat and spend the night but got in our car and left. Maybe things have changed but I seriously doubt it

Brodad Unkabuddy said...

Been there many times on layovers. I've been on Bourbon Street twice. My initial impression was, "I can't believe this place!" (22 year old newlywed). My next impression, as a middle aged adult, was similar to Ted's - the urine odor. Disgusting. San Francisco has a similar "eau d'metro", but that's a whole new blog.