Thursday, December 13, 2007

Welcome Home Gracie!



She was picked up in Scott County by animal control and then placed into a "foster home" for 3 weeks. That's how they do it in Scott County. There is no official shelter. People volunteer to house stray pets. We found her on line through kypets.com and after filling out a 2-page application and after they checked our references, and conducted an in-home visit, we were deemed good enough to "adopt." She's a keeper! A real sweetie. One of the smartest dogs I have ever come across. She is about 7 months old. So far, there have been 2 encounters with Chubs the cat (one included a chase scene through the house, the other was a stare down ended by a hunch-back hiss) but I can tell Gracie won't hurt the cats. They have teamed up and have been huddling together under the bed scheming up a game plan of survival. I think Allie talked Chubs into going downstairs to see what was going on and that's what started the chase scene. I'm sure they will come up with another plan. Gracie may just bring Chubs and Allie closer together. How cool is that? Even though there's 4 females in the house now, they still let me watch sports on the big TV.

6 comments:

twest said...

What a cutie! Hey, I'm in the same boat - 2 female dogs, 2 daughters, a wife (female) and a no-sex male cat whom I don't get along with. At least you get a TV......

Mike West said...

Glad to know Care (your wife is a female. I always knew she was) :)
Are you saying you and your cat don't get along because he is a "no-sex cat?" hmm..

Anonymous said...

We should get Gracie and Phyllis to hang out one day. I think they would be good buds. Except Phyllis is a big Gator fan.

J Dub said...

Get a UK collar on that dog, stat!

Mike West said...

Don't worry - she has a blue collar and eats from blue and white bowls with the UK cats paws on them.
I like the name Phyllis for a dog. I bet she's sweet too. I bet they could get along just like we did when we tailgated with Gator fans here in Lexington.

Brodad Unkabuddy said...

So you're going to put a "cat" collar on a dog ? I wonder if they put "dog" collars on cats in Georgia? Gracie couldn't have a better home.