Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Special Guest Posting From My Close Friend


Crisis at NEW LIFE CHURCH
I have worked in Christian radio for over 20 years.
I have worked for some of the most well-known Christian ministries in the nation. I have had a few impressive titles. But that’s not MY ministry! It never has been!
MY ministry is the same as yours… to “do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with my God.” That’s what I am called to do. I try to live this out in my home, my work, and my church. I just happen to work at a ministry that is doing great things nationwide (WAY-FM), but that’s my job, not my ministry.
Now, the shootings have happened at MY church…WOW! I am truly shaken to the core. This hits so close to home. I have a 15 and 18 year old daughter, just like Mr. Works. (Who lost his daughters and was also shot) I go out of that same exit at the church almost every Sunday morning at about 1pm. For some strange reason (oh yeah, it was the weather), I didn’t attend New Life last Sunday. I stayed home, and received a phone call at 1:25pm, as the incident was just happening. It was a good friend, who was safe. Then, I watched the news like everyone else.
My family and friends are all ok. But my church, and my emotions are shaken. Something like this really could happen anytime anywhere!!!! The only safe place is heaven. I’m thinking that I need to get back to MY ministry…(Note: I’m not quitting my job at WAY-FM.) I’m going to hug my kids more. I’m going to pray for their safety every single day. I’m going to call them on their cell phones several times a day and I’m going to take their phone call (even if I am in a meeting). I’m going to work to improve my relationship with my teenage daughter. I’m going to spend more time talking with my kids about life and death and God and priorities. I’m going to shake more hands and learn more names next Sunday at church. I’m going to carry this into my workplace, too.
Pray for New Life. We are shaken. Pray that there will never be a copycat of this. And get back to YOUR ministry.
Faron Dice is the General Manager of the CHRISTIAN HIT RADIO SATELLITE NETWORK part of the WAY-FM Media Group, Inc. in Colorado Springs, CO. (This is the company I work for and Faron is a huge reason why) You can contact him at faron@chrsn.com

2 comments:

Chris Goeppner said...

crazy stuff! i cant believe this happened. much prayers.

Brodad Unkabuddy said...

God's priorities.