Tuesday, December 18, 2007

FL State's Roster Gets Chopped


ESPN Reports "At least 20 Florida State football players will be suspended from playing against Kentucky in the Dec. 31 Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl, as well as the first three games of the 2008 season, for their roles in an academic cheating scandal involving an Internet-based course, a source with knowledge of the situation said Tuesday morning."
I actually hate to see this for two reasons. 1. I would have liked to have beat them when they're at full strength. 2. I like Bobby Bowden and I hate seeing this happen under his watch. The question I have is, if they have known about this since May, what took so long?

7 comments:

J Dub said...

and the Love Bowl takes a dramatic turn...

J Dub said...

Oh, and having seen that many people do the chop in unison...it's quite impressive.

Too bad they'll only have a few thousand in Nashville. Get ready for some serious "C-A-T-S".

Mike West said...

Is doing a chop like that offensive to native Americans? You know...the ones us evil white men mistreated even though we weren't alive at the time.

twest said...

Definitely good news to you Cats fans although I really think they would have taken them anyway. Fl State needs a major overhaul to contend again. They're known for their gangstas, shady academics, alumni gifts - even before the Deion Sanders scandals years ago. B. Bowden knows whats going on

Anonymous said...

Oh Bobby...

Brodad Unkabuddy said...

Ya know . . . It IS Kentucky football. One should never get TOO confident no matter what the situation is.

Mike West said...

I believe the curse of KY football is over....but I appreciate your attempt to bring me back to reality.