Thursday, January 31, 2008

Now, I Am Fully Engaged.


It became even more clear to me after watching the debate last night that Romney would be the Republican's best choice. At one point I was waiting for Romney to slap the crap out of McCain. I believe Obama will be the Democratic nominee and I think if McCain is the Republican nominee, the press will rip him apart for his age, health and lack of energy and Obama becomes President. I predicted in late December that Hillary would be the Democratic nominee but I have to say I now think Obama will get it. Huckabee staying in the race right now only hurts Romney. I think it will probably end up McCain vs Obama and that will make it tough for us to see a Republican in the White House. This has been a very interesting race. Who would have guessed that Guiliani would have decided on such a terrible strategy? Oh yeah, John Edwards is an idiot. His "suspending my campaign" speech was worthless. I believe his whole reason for running was to increase his awareness so he can increase his rates for speech invitations. He should be running a pawn shop in the North Carolina hills.

2 comments:

Brodad Unkabuddy said...

McCain's recent success demonstrates the power of the Washington political machine. Politicians endorsing politicians for each other's benefit has nothing to do with what's good for the country. It's all about who's up for reelection when. If a politician endorses Romney and he (Romney) doesn't get elected, then the politician is bucking the "machine". Not good for political advancement. But if he endorses McCain and he (McCain) doesn't get elected, then a competitor for power is no longer there. That's good for political advancement. Romney is an unknown and that worries these politicians. That's why the RINO's are endorsing McCain.

Brodad Unkabuddy said...

And for the same reasons listed above, you'll see the established politicians with ambitions endorsing Hillary. They fear her if she gets elected. If she doesn't, they'll deal with Obama like everyone else.