Saturday, January 19, 2008


I have to admit, I am a bit nervous about tonight's KY - Florida game. If I remember correctly, I have a friendly wager with Mike & April Brunjes for dinner at Outback's on today's game that goes back to this past summer when Ky's Billy was named our new coach. Maybe I got caught up in the excitement of the moment, but at the time I made the friendly wager, I had no idea we would have so many injuries and that Billy Gillispie's system was so different and demanding than Tubby's. There, I tactfully inserted excuses ahead of time. But hey, what do I know. Kentucky just might pull it out. Go Cats! (Added comment) Mary just pointed out to me how small the crowd is today at Florida for ESPN's Game Day. If Game Day was at Rupp, there would be 15,000 fans there. I bet there aren't 1500 Florida fans there.

5 comments:

J Dub said...

Lyndsey, Andrew, and I know from experience how Rupp Arena welcome College Gameday...they said it was the best crowd they had ever had. Nobody does basketball like UK. NOBODY.

About the game, I don't know which UK will show up...you never do. But they are definitely getting better. If only we could have Meeks and Jasper...

twest said...

Oughta be a good one - I should get home in time to catch it. Lotta freshmen on the floor for both - gotta agree with Justin, you don't know which team will show up - for either team!

Brodad Unkabuddy said...

Will be watching from the nations' icebox. . . One would think there would be a bit of wager/point spread between the West living in Kentucky and the West living in Florida. Just one man's opinion.

Anonymous said...

they might have not been there this morning, but they'll be there tonight for sure...and they're loud.

Anonymous said...

I look forward to my blooming onion..:) by the way, I didn't breathe for 3 hours. What a game..