Saturday, August 02, 2008

I Want A Refund!

It's happening way too often! I have my toast timed perfectly in the toaster. I have my bowl of Crispix ready to roll, my cup of coffee is ready, the toaster pops up my toast, I butter it with my Promise - Cardiologist Endorsed - 60% Vegetable Oil Spread, and I get ready for the last step in breakfast preparation. I take the milk out of the fridge and after a quick glance I can tell there's enough milk not only for this breakfast but also for tomorrow's. I check the expiration date on the milk - August 5th. Cool; I have 3 more days before the milk expires, right? Wrong! Past experience has taught me to take the cap off and take a whiff just to be safe. Whew! Nasty! The milk is already sour - 3 days early! For one thing, obviously the expiration date stamped on the jug is false advertising. Plus, the cost of milk has increased over 26 percent in the last year. It's almost the price of gas. I'm seriously thinking about taking some serious action. If the milk industry can't get the expiration date right, they should pay! Send me a refund for the amount of nasty milk I paid for but can't consume. Where should I start my crusade? The state attorney general's office.? If I go directly to the milk industry officials they will just deny everything. In the meantime, I'll have to just have toast for breakfast this morning; without my Crispix!

5 comments:

twest said...

Is your fridge plugged in?

JMAn (Jarod Miles AldaNa) said...

I agree, I live in Louisiana where Milk is $5 for 2 quarts, I'll take action to this is going to Washington 100%, these cheapies better watch out for thier butts or my name isn't Jarod Myles!!!

Brodad Unkabuddy said...

Go to the media with this. Sue the world. Then give me some of the money.

J Dub said...

That happened to me out here in Altus, OK too, ruining a potential tasty Lucky Charms experience. I thought it was because my fridge wasn't turned up high enough.

Maybe there's more to it.

Mike West said...

Our fridge temperature is fine. It may be time to blow the whistle on the milk industry.