Friday, August 01, 2008

Here's Something You Don't See Everyday


Quarterback Will Fidler (One of the 2 UK quarterbacks having legal issues recently) wrote the following letter to the editor in his hometown newspaper. Apparently he had stepped in to help a friend who had found himself in the middle of a bar fight and Will was one of the guys who found himself in trouble.
I think this letter demonstrates the kid's true character.
Editor:
I'd like to address all Henderson County and University of Kentucky sports fans.
I have been fortunate to grow up in Henderson, Ky., attend Henderson County High School and the University of Kentucky and enjoy some exciting moments on the football field.
This town has given me its full support, and I'm privileged to represent Henderson as a student athlete at the University of Kentucky. It has been and still is my dream to play quarterback at UK and represent Henderson with a sense of pride.
Unfortunately, I have jeopardized all that I have worked for through a foolish mistake. Without making excuses for myself, I will just say that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and have learned a valuable lesson.
I would like to apologize to my friends, supporters and all those who look to UK athletes as role models. I'm proud to have grown up in Kentucky and have the opportunity to play football for my state school, and that will not be taken for granted.
Will Fidler
Henderson

4 comments:

J Dub said...

That's a pretty standup thing to do. I wonder if Grandpa Brooks prompted him to do it.

m brunjes said...

isn't everyone who gets arrested at the wrong place at the wrong time?

Mike West said...

Perhaps Mike. Too bad you missed the point.

Brodad Unkabuddy said...

The apology was a good thing. However, if he broke the law, he should have to suffer the consequences. I'm sure a judge will take into account his remorse.