Sunday, November 22, 2009

Huge - I Mean Huge Win For The Cats!

Big win for KY football fans as KY beat Georgia at Georgia - 34-27! (speaking of big fans, check the guy out on the left) Lyndsey & Andrew came over to enjoy charcoaled burgers, green beans and onion rings before the game. The kickoff was at 7:45 and by the half, Mary, me & Lyndsey were falling asleep. KY was down 20-6 so we all called it a night. Based on it being KY football, the writing was on the wall, right? Thank God I set the dvr to record the second half which Mary & I watched early this morning. Thanks to 2 fumbles and 2 interceptions, KY gets the win and goes to 7-4 on the season. TN coming in next week and if there was ever a season we could beat TN, it's this one. We should be able to secure a pretty good bowl game now. Can you say Chick-Fil-a? Oh yeah - KY won in basketball Sat too over Rider - 92-63. The whole game was a highlight film.

3 comments:

twest said...

Now that's a big fan! I ran into a guy with a UK cap on Sat. nite and caually remarked -"How bout them Cats" He said "yea, but we're gonna get our butts kicked tonight" So I said "but you're sitting on a good lookin basketball team" - his face lit up, eyes glazed over, then I added "once you quit playing high school teams you'll see what you have" A big furrow came thru his brow, I left my cart and moved on.....

Mike West said...

treading on thin ice there Ted....
You don't mess with KY fans.

J Dub said...

Great game and great sign. It's recorded, so I'm going back and watching it soon.