Sunday, August 12, 2007

Now That's A Big House....


Patterned after an English country house, the home of Alan and Irene Bloomfield on Delong Place is, at 24,252 square feet, the biggest in Fayette County, (Lexington) according to the records of the property valuation administrator. It has 16 furnaces, a fireplace large enough to stand in, a movie theater, a basketball court and too many half-baths to bother counting.
I don't mean to sound judgmental, and it certainly is their right to have as large a home as they want but is it really a wise way to spend your money? I don't know the Bloomfields. They may be admirable philanthropists. But as far as I can tell, 2 people live there. I like to think I'm not envious. I just like to imagine myself in other people's shoes and I ask myself "would I need a place like this to live?" I have to answer no. It's certainly a great thing about America however. We have the freedom to pursue happiness and I must admit, a part of the happiness equation for me would be; an indoor basketball court in my home. :)

1 comment:

J Dub said...

I don't think a single man needs this http://www.kentucky.com/276/story/145369.html either, but I'm sure he'll be doing lots of entertaining (i.e. recruits). I hope the size of his house correlates to the success he'll have, considering it's bigger than either Pitino's or Tubby's Old Kentucky Homes.