Thursday, August 02, 2007

In The Blink Of An Eye.....

My brother Rick, his wife Paula and their son Clay live in Minneapolis. For a couple of hours this morning, after learning about the bridge collapse and after leaving a voice message on Rick's cell phone, I felt anxiety, and my mind went in to "what if world." He was in Memphis on a trip (Pilot for Northwest Airlines) but called back about 2 hours later and said they were OK. Thank God! As he mentioned, I'm sure they will know someone who was impacted directly by this tragedy. But the reminder for me was very clear. In the blink of an eye, our lives can change; live life to it's fullest. Our prayers are with those who suffered losses.

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

thank God they're ok

Anonymous said...

We have crossed that bridge hundreds if not thousands of times. It is the link between St.Paul and Minneapolis and the University of Minnesota and the rest of the state. I'm still in state of disbelief that it fell. Fortunately, none of our friends or anyone we know were involved in this tragedy.