Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Happy Independence Day! (Click For Fireworks)









On July 4, 1776, we claimed our independence from Britain and Democracy was born. Every day thousands leave their homeland to come to the "land of the free and the home of the brave" so they can begin their American Dream.
Are we losing our American way of life?
"Citizenship requires passing a test on American history in English. If that's true, then we do not have to create ballots in any language except English." Newt Gingrich

5 comments:

J Dub said...

You guys got big plans for your first Independence Day back in your Old Kentucky Home? Perhaps the Woodford County Park?

Anonymous said...

I posted the text of the Declaration of Independence on my blog. It's interesting reading. Those guys were, how you say, ticked off, to say the least. I'm sure they had no idea what they started.

J Dub said...

Newt makes too much sense to be popular.

Mike West said...

I believe Newt is the smartest statesman of our time but I also believe he has been so demonized (Some of it caused by his own mistakes) he can never be as influential as he once was or could be.
(I like commenting on my own blog)

Mike West said...

Went to a minor league ballgame tonight (Lexington Legends) with my buddy Barry Jackson. Barry and I have known each other for almost 30 years. It was great hanging with him, watching baseball, eating a hot dog and watching fireworks on July 4th eve.
(I like commenting on my own blog)