Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Where Was Buddah?


Where was Buddah? Believe it or not, this was a question that popped in my head while watching the earthquake disaster in China. Another question: How could a good and loving Buddah allow bad things to happen to good people? Is it a fair question? It's a question that someone asks of God every time something terrible occurs. I don't mean to make light of the disasters. The question, when asked of God, I think reveals our doubt that He actually exists. It seems judgmental too. Who are we to question? Why do good things happen to bad people? I think if you're going to ask the first question then the other question seems legit. This much I know; I don't have all the answers and I never will, but I do have grace from God and eternal life as given through Christ and I don't have to work for it. It's a gift and for that, I'm thankful. I'll think I'll leave all the answers to the atheists.

4 comments:

Brodad Unkabuddy said...

The large casualty numbers are usually do to hundreds of thousands of people living in poverty and squalor for generations. They know nothing else. They may not even know who Christ is. So when they die in these type of natural disasters, do they continue to suffer through eternity, or does their suffering end?

Brodad Unkabuddy said...

uh, that would be . . . "DUE to hundreds of thousands . . ."

Mike West said...

All people are accountable to God whether they have “heard about Him” or not. The Bible tells us that God has clearly revealed Himself in nature (Romans 1:20) and in the hearts of people (Ecclesiastes 3:11). The problem is that the human race is sinful; we all reject this knowledge of God and rebel against Him (Romans 1:21-23) I believe God is just and that we are held responsible in relation to the evidence we have been given. I't amazing now how missionaries really are reaching the 4 corners of the earth.

Brodad Unkabuddy said...

I agree. If Jesus Christ and his sacrifice have been presented to you, and you reject it, then both your earthly and eternal life become more "complicated".