Saturday, December 09, 2006

The News vs Romper Room



The current "News Media" reminds me of the most popular show there was for kids when I was growing up. The lessons are very similar. Here are some actual "lessons" some "news" shows felt I needed to know.
1. Cook the chicken so I won't get sick
2. Use a blanket in cold weather
3. Start my car early on a cold day
4. Should I call in to work when I'm sick? (Dr. Nancy helped me with this one)
5. Liver failure could lead to death
These are just a few....I may be adding to this as I see more. Feel free to comment with the important lessons the news media has for you too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That may be the best analogy of media ever.

Man, I haven't tought of Romper Room since my sister and I used to fight over control of the TV. Romper Room was on at the same time as Speed Racer.

Anonymous said...

The Today show informed me this morning not to eat too much food at Christmas parties because then I'll gain weight. I dont know what I would have done without that information

Mike West said...

When climbing a mountain...know where I'm going.

(I like commenting on my own blog)

Mike West said...

Overspending at Christmas can lead to more debt.