Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Just Give Me The Coffee!


I go in to McDonalds to get an Egg McMuffin and medium coffee. Should be simple enough but, not so simple."Good Morning." "Good Morning" I said. "I'll have an Egg McMuffin and medium size coffee." "How would you like that coffee?" She caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting that question. "How would I like it?" "Yes, how would you like it;" seeming a bit perturbed with me for repeating her question. But I was stalling....not sure of how to answer. "Medium, I would like a medium." Slight smile. "No, how would you like it." "Hot....I would like it hot please." Slightly wider grin comes across her face. "No, do you want cream or anything?" "I can get it myself" I replied. "No....we get it for you" she said with body language that said; I can't believe we're doing it like this. More people are getting in line now. "Hmm...I guess I'll take one packet of sweetener and 1 packet of cream."
"What kind of sweetener?" Now I'm becoming perturbed. "The blue one is fine" I said quickly." Whew! That was a totally unecessary exchange. Just give me the coffee. Some things just shouldn't be complicated.

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

It doesnt sound like you were "loving it"